Linked with WITNESS.
The WITNESS Video Advocacy Institute VAI, the first of its kind, is an innovative program that trains human rights defenders to successfully integrate video advocacy into their campaigns. The 2008 VAI will be held in association with Concordia University’s Communications Studies Program and Documentary Centre in Montreal, Canada from July 19 – August 2, 2008 …
This intensive and participatory training program will provide an immersive introduction in video advocacy for a group of 25-30 dedicated human rights advocates from across the globe working on some of the most challenging human rights issues facing our world today. Specifically, the VAI is aimed at:
- Advocacy-focused staff members in human rights organization. They will develop a project during the VAI and implement the project through production, editing and strategic distribution after the course;
- A limited number of individual activists with a record of successful collaboration with human rights organizations.
… (full text).
… more information about:
- Institute Information and Guidelines (919.00 Kb);
- 2008 VAI Application (803.50 Kb);
- Call for Filmmakers to mentor Human Rights Defenders;
- 2007 Video Advocacy Institute;
- Selected Press from 2007 VAI.
Should you have any questions about WITNESS or the VAI, please do not hesitate to write us by e-mail.
- 7 Training Modules for Entrepreneurs;
- Greening the Economy, New Energy for Business, 6th European Business Summit;
- MDF Training & Consultancy;
- International Anti-Corruption Conference;
… and many more.