Picked up on Weitzenegger’s Website for International Development Cooperation and its Newsletter.
A consultation document published by the Department for International Development DFID (see DFID.gov.uk/about).
DFID is producing a new White Paper looking at the challenges facing the world and the global solutions we need to develop together to address the economic downturn, climate change and conflict and security:
- The Public Consultation Document will be on this website for 12 weeks from 5 March 2009;
- The public consultation process closes on Wednesday 27 May 2009;
- You can make comments on the document itself http://consultation.dfid.gov.uk/1-building-our-common-future/emerging-challenges/
- or you can send your comments directly by e-mail; mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are also consulting with a range of partners such as other government departments, overseas partners, civil society organisations, faith based organisations, trade unions and others to feed into the draft;
- The White Paper will be published in summer 2009.
DFID (UK Department for International Development) is working on a new White Paper that will be published in July 2009. You can join regional consultation events to share your ideas. You’ll have the chance to ask questions and debate a focus topic. There are 12 events being held around the UK between now and 18 May. (Source: DFID).