The Bahrain Monetary Agency BMA (was) holding a major workshop in Tokyo, Japan, on Islamic finance, to foster a better understanding of Islamic finance and Bahrain’s importance as the premier financial centre in the Middle East.
The event, titled ‘Islamic Finance: opportunities in Banking & Insurance’, (was) hold on 12th June 2006 at the Japan National Press Club. The workshop, which is the first of its kind to be organized by the BMA in Japan, targets a select audience of representatives of Japan’s financial services industry, decision makers, opinion makers and the media. ‘This is the most significant effort to be made by the BMA in Japan, to promote greater awareness of Islamic finance and the tremendous potential this rapidly growing industry offers’,said Mr. Al Maraj.
(Read the rest of this article, published on AME Info of June 5, and AME Info of June 12, 2006).
- Report: Tokyo to study Islamic financing, June 19, 2006;
- The Asian Banker, week of June 19, 2006;
- Anti Imperialist League, June 17, 2006, by Stephen Gowans;
- What has the Islamic World done for Civilization lately?
- Islamic Finance Forum, Questions and Amswers by Chris Cook;
- 21st Century Islamic Report, and page 2, by Chris Cook;
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC;
- Alternative Investment Strategies, by Sohail Jaffer;
- Islamic Retail Banking Conference, November 2005;
- Euromoney Books, by Sohail Jaffer;
- Singapore allows banks to sell Murabaha, June 16, 2006;
- More Islamic Economics;
- Economy and Islam – on Islam Online;
Economic Concept and Purpose in Islam, Part 1 to 3, (link to part 2 and 3 see on the same page);
- Women in Islam – Economics;
- The Moral Economy of Islam.