Linked on our blogs with Michel Chossudovsky – Canada, with Klimaforum 09 (alternative) – peoples climate summit, with Manipulation of Data and Concepts, with Climategate: The Silence is Deafening from the Corporate Media, with Climate Change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation, and with Who’s to blame for Climategate?
Published on Global Research.ca, by Michel Chossudovsky, November 30 2009.
4 excerpts: … It is worth noting that key decisions and orientations on COP15 had already been wrapped up at the World Business Summit on Climate Change (WBSCC) held in May in Copenhagen, six months ahead of COP15.
The WBSCC brought together some of the World’s most prominent business executives and World leaders including Al Gore and UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon. (The World Business Summit on Climate Change, includes webcast).
The results of these high level consultations were forwarded to the Danish government as well as to the governments of participating member states. A so-called summary report for policymakers was drafted by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, on behalf the corporate executives participating in the event. This report has very little to do with environmental protection. It largely consists in a profit driven agenda, which uses the global warming consensus as a justification. (For details see Climate Council: The World Business Summit on Climate Change).
“The underlying ambition of the Summit was to address the twin challenges of climate change and the economic crisis. Participants at the Summit considered how these risks can be turned into opportunity if business and governments work together, and what policies, incentives, and investments will most effectively stimulate low-carbon growth.” (Copenhagen Climate Council).
The agenda of the Copenhagen Climate Summit (7-18 December 2009), is upheld both by the governments, the business executives and the NGO community as “one of the most significant gatherings in history. It is being called the most complex and vital agreement the world has ever seen.”
CO2 emissions are heralded as the single and most important threat to the future of humanity … //
… The Real Crisis:
- The Copenhagen Summit not only serves powerful corporate interests, which have a stake in the global multibillion dollar carbon trading scheme, it also serves to divert public attention from the devastation resulting from the “real crisis” underlying the process of economic globalization and a profit driven war without borders, which the Pentagon calls “the long war”.
- We are at the crossroads of the most serious crisis in modern history. War and economic depression constitute the real crisis, yet both the governments and the media have focused their attention on the environmental devastation resulting from CO2 emissions, which is upheld as the greatest threat to humanity.
The Multibillion Dollar Carbon Trading System: … //
… ClimateGate and the Emails’ Scandal:
- In November 2009, barely a few weeks before the inauguration of the Copenhagen Summit, a vast data bank of over 3000 email exchanges between key Climate Change scientists and researchers was revealed.
- While the emails do not prove that the entire data base was falsified, they nonetheless point to scientific dishonesty and deceit on the part of several prominent scientists who are directly linked to the UNPCC.
- The emails suggest that the data was shaped, with a view to supporting a predetermined policy agenda. “Fixing the climate data to fit the policy” is the modus operandi as revealed in the email messages of top scientists, directly linked to the work of the UN Panel on Climate Change?
- The British media has acknowledged that the scientists were intent upon manipulating the data on Climate Change as well as excluding the critics:
[the comments below the quotes are by The Telegraph] … // …
… The Alternative Summit: KlimaForum09:
The NGOs will be meeting in a parallel alternative summit, KlimaForum09. More than 10,000 people a day are expected to attend the sessions of KlimatForum09
Major international NGOs and environmentalist groups will be in attendance including Friends of the Earth, Campaign against Climate Change among others.
Klimaforum09 is to finalize a draft declaration which “will put forth a vision of a more socially just world society, [while] emphasizing the need to create substantial changes in the social and economic structures of society in order to meet the challenges of global warming and food sovereignty.” (See Declaration · Klimaforum09). http://www.klimaforum09.org/Declaration
While there is fierce opposition to the multibillion carbon trading system within the NGO community, the Alternative Summit will not challenge the Global Warming consensus and its underlying data base. (All events · Klimaforum09). http://www.klimaforum09.org/All-events
While critical and active voices will emerge from within the various sessions of the Alternative Forum, the organizational envelope of KlimaForum09 remains compliant to the official agenda. In many regards, the rhetoric of the KlimaForum09’s Danish organizers ties in with that of the host government of the offical Summit, which coincidentally also funds the Alternative Summit. (Political Platform · Klimaforum09). http://www.klimaforum09.org/Political-Platform
What this means is that the boundaries of dissent within the Alternative Summit have been carefully defined.
There can be no real activism unless the falsehoods and manipulations underlying the activities of the UNPCC, including the data base and the multibillion profit driven carbon trading scheme, are fully revealed, debated and understood. (full long text). http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=16339