The first wave of health insurance changes take effect today. Which ones?
- No denial of children based on pre-existing conditions
- No more lifetime benefit limits
- No canceling policies of very sick and benefit-needy peoplefor technical errors on their application
- Coverage of kids up to age 26 on their parent policies
- No co-pays on some preventive procedures, including colonoscopies, mammograms and immunizations
- Allowing those on new plans to keep their own doctors and to appeal reimbursement decisions to a third party.
One area of immediate concern: In many states, insurance companies will stop offering child-only policies immeidately … (full text).