Published on HURIDOCS (Human Rights Information and Documentation Systems, International), June 14, 2011.
The Commonwealth Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of a Special Grants Fund for Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and Commonwealth Associations (CAs) to undertake strategic and innovative projects that will promote the Commonwealth theme for 2011, ‘Women as Agents of Change’.
This year, the theme celebrates the significant contributions that women make to development and their relatively untapped potential as agents of change.
Grant applications for up to £20,000 are invited from registered CSOs and CAs from the 54 countries across the Commonwealth from 1 June -1 July to undertake projects lasting between three to six months which meet at least two of the following criteria:
- 1. Foster collaboration and learning between women’s organisations in more than one Commonwealth country;
- 2. Involve collaboration with national women’s machineries (NWMs) and governments in promoting women and girls’ social, economic and political empowerment;
- 3. Showcase the achievements of women in addressing social, economic and political change at national or regional levels.
- 4. Projects which will have an impact on women at a regional level;
- 5. Bring together women from different geographical, social and ethnic background to promote national and regional priorities.
Priority will be given to applications which address one or more of the following areas: … (full text).
Union Nationale des Femmes Sahraouies UNFS (National Union of Saharawi Women);
African Women on the Internet, published on Stanford University /Libraries and Academic Information Resources /Topics;
Reseau Africain des femmes travailleurs RAFET, Senegal, le 10 juillet 2006, having no own website.