Over 1 Million Deaths Annually, 62 Million People With Zero Net Worth, As the Economic Elite Make Off With $46 Trillion – Editor’s Note: The following report includes adapted excerpts from David DeGraw’s book, The Road Through 2012: Revolution or World War III, release Date: 9.28.11
… Abstract: Welcome to World War III:
- Despite increasing personal financial hardship, most Americans remain unaware of the economic world war currently unfolding. An all-pervasive corporate and government propaganda campaign has effectively obscured this blatant reality. After extensive analysis, it is evident that World War III is a war between the richest one-tenth of one percent of the global population and 99.9 percent of humanity. Or, as I have called it, The Economic Elite Vs. The People. This war has been a one-sided attack thus far. However, as we have seen throughout the world in recent months, the people are beginning to fight back. The following report is a statistical analysis of the systemic economic attacks against the American people.
Introduction: … //
… II: Record Breaking Food Insecurity:
- For another revealing statistic, which has been quickly increasing, we can look at the number of Americans currently surviving off of food stamps. In 2005, 25.7 million Americans needed food stamps, currently 45.8 million people rely on them. As the chart to the right shows, the number of people in need of food stamps has been rapidly increasing year-over-year.
- Meanwhile, Congress is cutting the funding for the food stamp program at a time when the Department of Agriculture estimates that an additional 22.5 million people will need them, bringing the total number of Americans in need of food assistance to a stunning 68.3 million people.
III: Record Breaking Unemployment:
- While the “official” unemployment rate hovers around 9%, 14 million people, the government’s numbers are deceptively low once again. The only reason unemployment has stayed below 10% for the past few months is because millions of long-term unemployed, and part-time workers who are looking for full-time work, are not included in the baseline government unemployment rate. John Williams, from ShadowStats.com, has a consistently proven method of tracking unemployment that provides a much more accurate view of the overall situation. As shocking as it may sound, when you apply his SGS method, counting the total number people in need of employment, you get a current unemployment rate of 22.5%, which is an all-time record total of 34 million people currently in need of work. Here is how the SGS rate is calculated: … //
… Part Two: The Economic Elite:
- There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning (Warren Buffett, Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway).
V: How Much Wealth Do The Economic Elite Have?
- While 68.3 million Americans struggle to get enough food to eat and wages are declining for 90% of the population, US millionaire household wealth has reached an unprecedented level. According to an extensive study by auditing and financial advisory firm Deloitte, US millionaire households now have $38.6 trillion in wealth. On top of the $38.6 trillion that this study reveals, they have an estimated $6.3 trillion hidden in offshore accounts.
- In total, US millionaire households have at least $45.9 trillion in wealth, the majority of this wealth is held within the upper one-tenth of one percent of the population.
- If all this isn’t obscene enough, to further demonstrate how the global economy has now been completely rigged, Deloitte’s analysis predicated, based on current trends, that US millionaire households will see a 225% increase in wealth to $87.1 trillion by 2020. Accounting for wealth hidden in offshore accounts, they are projected to have over $100 trillion in total within the next decade.
- Most people cannot even comprehend how much $1 trillion is, let alone $46 trillion. One trillion is equal to 1000 billion, or $1,000,000,000,000. To put it in perspective, last year the entire cost of feeding all 40 million Americans on food stamps was $65 billion. Now consider, according to the latest IRS data, only 0.076% of the population, less than one-tenth of one percent, earned over $1 million in 2009.
- The graph below, based on data from the Tax Policy Center, shows how much income is earned by a household at any given percentile in income distribution: … … (full long long text and graphes).
(David DeGraw is the founder and editor of AmpedStatus.com. His long-awaited book The Road Through 2012: Revolution or World War III, will finally be released on September 28th. He can be emailed. You can follow David’s reporting daily on his new personal website David DeGraw.org).
Full Report: The Economic Elite Vs. The People of the United States of America, on AmpedStatus.org, March 9th, 2010;
John Williams’ Shadow Government Statistics, Analysis Behind and Beyond Government Economic Reporting;
U.S. incomes fell sharply in 2009, IRS data;
What does one TRILLION dollars look like? … so the next time you hear someone toss around the phrase “trillion dollars”… that’s what they’re talking about.