Added August 24, 2007: Linked with Farmers’ Cooperatives (India).
You may put into Google alternativ economy, out of the results you may choose:
51 cooperatives on SurfIndia.com;
National Cooperative Union of India NCUI;
Department of Agriculture & Coperation, Ministry of Agriculture, Gov. of India;
Campus Cooperative Development Corporation, of the World Prout Assembly,
North American Students of Cooperation NASCO.
or you click on ‘Category:Alternative economy – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia’, which leads you to: Category: Cooperatives;
and then on Category: Cooperatives in India.
On wikipedia, there are actually 7 pages in the section of this category:
- Amul: Amul, formed in 1946, is a dairy cooperative movement in India. It is a brand name managed by an apex cooperative organisation, Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF), which today is jointly owned by some 2.41 million milk producers in Gujarat, India. It is based in Anand town of Gujarat and has been a sterling example of a co-operative organization’s success in the long term … (full text);
- Indian Coffee House: The Indian Coffee House is a restaurant chain in India, run by a worker co-operative society. It has strong presence across India, especially in Kerala and Kolkata. There are nearly 400 coffee houses all over India, which are a part of the chain … (full text);
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited: Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited, also known as IFFCO, is the world’s largest fertiliser cooperative based in India which is registered as a Multistate Cooperative Society … (full text);
- KRIBHCO: Krishak Bharati Co-operative Limited (KRIBHCO) is an Indian cooperative society that manufactures fertilizer. It registered under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act in 1985, and was promoted by the Government of India, and some agricultural co-operative societies spread all over the country … (full text);
- Kaira District Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union: Kaira District Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Limited was the First Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union started in Gujarat. It’s success, also known as Anand Pattern let to creation of District Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union at each district, created Amul and initiated White Revolution of India … (full text);
- Shri Mahila Griha Udyog Lijjat Papad: Shri Mahila Griha Udyog Lijjat Papad, popularly known as Lijjat, is an Indian women’s organization manufacturing various products. The organization’s registered office is situated in Mumbai and it has 67 branches and 35 divisions all over India … (full text);
- Vasudhara Dairy: Vasudhara Dairy (Valsad District’s Milk Producers Union Ltd) is headquartered in Alipore, approx 3 km form Chikhli. It produces and markets milk and ghee (clarified butter) for local market under brand name Amul. Its current capacity is 4 lakh lpd. It has branches (ice creame manufacturing plants) at Nagpur and Boisar. Amul Ice Creame produces here is marketed to Mumbai and Maharashtra markets … (full text);
… last modified 11 May 2007 on wikipedia.