Published on Gaian Economics, by Molly, 5 December 2011.
I had a very interesting experience over the weekend while attending university open days. I was enquiring from a young woman encouraging people to take economics how pluralist her course was. She really seemed unable to understand my question. She responded that they taught ‘normal’ economics. I asked her if this meant neoclassical or whether they also had space for classical or Marxist varieties. She was simply unable to answer … //
… The postgraduate workshop on research methods will take place at London Metropolitan University on 10th and 11th February next year (2012). It is funded so places are available free for students. Workshop topics will include:
- Reorienting economics to match method with social material
- Open system methodology in Economics
- Grounded theory in Economics
- Mixing quantitative and qualitative data
- Qualitative data analysis