- Mikis Theodorakis on his Website, on en.wikipedia;
- International Monetary Fund IMF: its Homepage, on en.wikipedia;
- European Central Bank EZB on en.wikipedia;
- The Financial Crisis Was Entirely Foreseeable;
- stupid … I cannot let these questions;
- Greek parliament approves austerity bill, on Al Jazeera, February 13, 2012: PM Papademos receives clear majority of 199-74 in favour of drastic cutbacks, amidst most violent protests since 2008. The Greek parliament has approved a deeply unpopular austerity bill to secure a second EU/IMF bailout and avoid national bankruptcy, as buildings burned across central Athens and violence spread around the country … //
… The Socialists and conservatives expelled 22 and 21 MPs, respectively, from their parliamentary groups early on Monday, reducing their majority in the 300-seat parliament from 236 to 193.
A third coalition partner, the rightist LAOS party, effectively withdrew from the government on Friday after its leader publicly opposed the deal.
Al Jazeera’s John Psaropoulos, reporting from the capital, Athens, said the sizable majority had established clear support for the prime minister as the details of the cuts are pushed through parliament in coming weeks.
“It is a very important majority for the government it helps legitimise the measures,” he said.
- (My comment: elected representants should work for their electors, the people. If this no more occurs, people must change the rules and re-introduce a direct democracy where the people is the sovereign, like in Switzerland. This not means there are no mistakes, but people can learn from it’s own mistakes (by collectively watching results of our own acts, like Swiss Banker’s behaviors for which once we decided their rules … also by discussions, transparency, remouval of all feodal reflexes, strengthening citizenship etc etc … ).